Happy International Zine Month!

5:49 PM

Other event, which's held by Jogja Zine Attack and little help from me (and Magic Fingers Syndicate). Wohooo...congrats for the teams (Jogja Zine Attack!) :-) Zine is not popular here (in my town, Yogyakarta, Indonesia), but yesterday I saw people looked so enthusiastic came to the event, that was good!




  See more photos: HERE

This is our event documentation video, Handmade Zine Fair is an independent event, you can't find beautiful decorations there, so please don't expect too much :-)


Move from zine, and let's talk about handmade and craft. I found quote that make me feel alive again:

"When you buy from an independent artist you are buying more than just a painting or a novel or a song. You are buying hundreds of hours of experimentation and thousands of failures. You are buying days, weeks, months, years of frustration and moment of pure joy. You are buying nights of worry about paying the rent, having enough money to eat, having enough money to feed the children, the birds, the dog. You aren't just buying a thing, you are buying a piece of heart, part of a soul, a private moments in someone's life. Most importantly, you are buying that artist more time to do something they are truly passionate about; something that makes all of the above worth the fear and the doubt; something that puts the life into the living."


Are you agree with the quotation above? I can't agree more! Sometimes, people still ask me; why they have to buy handmade things? what's make handmade so special? Well, crafters/artists/makers have their own answer, but for me, Rebekah's quote represents my answer very well. The process of making things is so important. There are lots of stories behind the stuff. We need time, idea, fund, handmade supply, etc, that (sometimes) we can't easily get.

p.s: I have to finished my new dress, I'm into pastel and polka dot now. Thanks for reading and waiting my new post, see you in my other event and post.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

FOLLOW GOOGLE+

INSTAGRAM: @luciaberta_